Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

I dreamed a dream
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
misshelenc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: I dreamed a dream Reply with quote

about Jeff last night. It made me happy. He was meant to be playing a gig in Manchester but stayed with me and we sung songs. Very pretty.
I was meant to be moving but we cant sell our house, because the market is dead. All my records are boxed up in the loft and have been for months. I need to go up and recover them, as I'm sure that's what the dream means. I miss my Lewis collection badly!
Don't know why I've felt the need to tell everyone that, I've just been thinking about it all day. Good distraction as I had to go to the dentists.
Um, yeah, shut up Helen.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a fucking day. I just needed to tell someone, because, like, I have no one in my actual life. I think I've had not a spare second all day, there just aren't enough hours. I guess that's a good thing because if there were any more I'd be even more tired and miserable for longer. I'm stressed and sad and fed up. Try again tomorrow, when hopefully I haven't got such a cracking headache.
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love dreams! and i always enjoy a good nightmare....actually i like the feeling when i wake up right after, realising it was all in my head.

Some days just suck, my all 2010 was horrible, can't wait for next year, hopefully it'll get better.
As for headaches i got migraines all the time, i'm so used to it that i don't really care anymore...
jefflewis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I was wondering who that girl was whom I was playing songs with in Manchester the other night! It was nice but the fact that all the records in the house were boxed up made it sort of a sad dream so I didn't stay long.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Dav, I wish you a happier 2011. I'm sure it will improve, as you seem nice and nice people should get what they deserve. Happiness!
Things are a bit better today, although I did slip over on the ice, no damage done. It's been snowing and is very cold. Tonight I plan to carry on with my book and catch up with my tv I've taped in front of my heater so I hope nothing else will get me down.

I miss my music so much, I'm scared to go up the loft in case there's been a leak and 20 years worth of collecting has been ruined. Or there's all spiders hiding in the boxes. All I know is, something bad will have happened because, well, it always does.

Maybe next time you'll stay if I can move house and find the courage to get them all down. The housing market is just so rubbish. I'd like you to stay, you are so interesting and clever and I get lonely!

xxxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had another dream with him in on Saturday night. He came round to my house and showed me how to play an online game where you were a monster and had to climb around on rocks looking for food. I was gutted when I woke up and realised it wasn't true.
Last night I dreamed that I won a crystal in the shape of a sweetcorn on the cob from a fruit machine, but I swapped it for a plastic banana.
Can anyone shed any light on what the hell is going on in my head??!
jack fe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend Morgan (who occasionally posts on here) has an uncle who makes comics of his dreams. Usually just one panel with an explanation of what went down. There's a really nice book of them released somewhere.
Bob Dylan features fairly regularly. I wonder if he found a meaning for this, and that your visions of Jeff come from similar anxieties...
Tshack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can anyone shed any light on what the hell is going on in my head??!

All I can say from this is that you clearly have a fabulous imagination -- crystal sweet corn! -- and it's just coming out to play at night.
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dreamt that i was part of the easy company last night, i watched band of brothers yestarday so i know why i dreamt that.
I was so scared, i dug a hole in the snow and hide in it while my pal were fighting germans, i also wrote a note that i left behind in case i didn't make it, unfortunatly my sargent found it and i looked like a coward....war is tough, even in dreams....
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack fe- wow, I'd be interested if he did come across an explaination, Morgan's uncle, if you're out there, please speak out! If I could draw maybe I'd do a comic too, but sadly, I'm more of a writer, and not very much of that either. I can draw, but not comic-type art. I envy anyone who can create like that. So much more superior to just copying, as Plato told us! Thanks for the insight!

Tshack- thank you for being so kind, that made me smile! Sadly I'd hardly consider myself to have a good imagination, but that someone else thinks it is kind of sweet, so thank you!

Dav-I have no idea where the war dreams come from, but hiding probably has some kind of significance, have you been having a particularly hard time of late or has life been something to hide away from? I guess we all hide from something so that's probably no use at all.

Can't remember last night's dream, lucky for all you lot eh! Sorry I keep filling the board with my pointless ravings, I just get a bit lonely. The snow is bad and I haven't been out for days. Not that I've got anyone to go and see and talk to anyway, but hey... I need to write more letters or something.

I hope everyone is ok today x
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's dream involved Conor Oberst instead of Jeff. Yum.
Just wanted to say merry christmas and all that, even if you don't celebrate it, have a nice weekend xxxx
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That darn Conor, he'd better back off!
Merry xmas all!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heeheehee. I did get two of his albums I didn't have for Christmas. Haven't played them yet but I know they'll be great.
I had a great time. Tiring but good.
Last night I had a dream that I was back in university, doing my philosophy degree (I graduated in 2004) and was stuck writing an essay on Martin Heidegger and no one could help me. I just didn't understand the question. It was something about being a host to a party.
I hope everyone had a fabulous time!
xx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I kept waking up as I have a bad cold.
My first dream was about Matt Smith and myself in a play together. He sent me a picture of him pulling a silly face and told me that I'm an ugly version of Karen Gillian. Which is exactly true.
Then I dreamed about a poem I used to like when I was a teenager by Patrick Jones. I haven't read it in years but dug it out today because of the dream.
I think I must be the only person on here tonight, when you're supposed to be out and drunk and with friends and all that...Never mind eh. Happy new year all xxxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey, how's 2011?
I had some good dreams as the year turned.
I went to bed early, as I felt really ill, and managed to keep my eyes open long enough to finish reading a great book called 'The Bunny Hugging Terrorist', about animal rights.
I had a dream I was in my old ballet class (I trained until I was 1Cool and went on a very passioned rant about cow's milk, as someone tried to make me a cup of tea, and I told them I don't drink it anymore, but if I did I'd have soya milk. Someone had a go about me being the dietry freak in the room, and I told them all that the tea they were drinking was full of pus and antibiotic filled milk. Everyone threw up all over the studio floor and then I woke up.
I went back to sleep and had another great dream I did remember but have since forgotten.
I think it makes me happy because I think a lot of things I don't have the courage to say. I'd never have a go at someone about my feelings on the eating of animal products really, I leave everyone to their own lives. But sometimes I wish I could because it makes me really angry. I think I just want people to leave me alone to do as I want, so I do the same to everyone else. Plus, I'm massively shy and awkward. Although, when I used to drink, that helped a lot. I see people being all vocal and difficult and sometimes I secretly wish I could be like that too.