$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Wiki Leaks stuff...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Wiki Leaks stuff... Reply with quote

I'm distracted today in my tour-booking by getting immersed in reading about Wiki Leaks, learning about that Julian Assange guy, and learning about the 22 yr old kid Manning who allegedly was responsible for leaking a lot of daming US military information to the public vis WIki Leaks. All of this is blowing my mind!

Manning has now been arrested, and a correspondent on Fox has even declared he should be executed (typical). This military kid Manning has a fascinating story, he's young and gay and upset at the army's don't-ask-don't-tell policy, and felt abused/ignored by his superiors, in addition to feeling outraged at the abuses he regularly saw the army engaged in in Iraq... so he got revenge by exposing some of the abuses detailed in these secret files, which he had access to because everybody ignored him - it's almost exactly like Jason Woodrue in Swamp Thing # 21, (the famous "Anatomy Lesson" issue, Moore's first), secretly taking control of Sunderland's computer system!

After doing this, Manning felt so isolated he turned to email chatting with one guy he thought he could trust, an infamous former hacker... the hacker however was working for the FBI or something and ratted Manning out, thus Manning's arrest. There's a transcript of the actual cyber chat conversations between Manning and this hacker-turned-informant, it is really touching and amazing stuff... Manning saying exactly what he did and why, while the hacker strings him along before ratting him out. Check it out if you have the time and inclination (or just pass it on to someone else who might) -
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/06/wikileaks-chat/
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the whole chat page, really touching indeed, i feel so sorry for Manning, he was so lonely and dispair that he ended up talking to some random person on the internet about all his mayhem.

the Lamo guy really make me wanna puke...

I can't believe that Manning should be executed, can't be for real, this is just unbelievable, i'm really sick of people ruling the world as it is.

And what about judging the army or vatican, judges for their errors???

To quote a comic book too "who is watches the watchmen?"

I read wikileaks for a long time like one time a week, got some really alternative information there, about France too...it's a real great website.
I've read that paypal blocked the site creator account in order to stop donations for wikileak, his bank account has also been block...
but some random hackers attacked banks website and the paypal website blocking it for a couple of days, making it lost money....
it's pretty sad to realise that us regular people are so powerless regarding the system abuses that we got to make illegal stuff to make our voices heard.

Make me think of a line from Fight Club, one of my favorite book, true anarchist content..."the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us."

Last edited by Dav on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Tshack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now apparently Wikileaks is casting poor Manning adrift, as well! http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20025358-503543.html

I don't think the U.S. govt. is planning to execute Manning, Dav; I'm not sure if he's even been charged yet. I think Jeffrey was referring to the humbug blowhards @ Fox News, who are always eager to take anyone down who isn't a lockstep Repub. or teapartier.
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok, makes more sense Very Happy it'll teach me to read twice before getting upset!
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Bradley Manning has not yet found out what his punishment will be, any talk about him being executed is only talk, but this kind of talk is scary... even officials in the US government are talking like this in public, here's a Fox news piece on a Republican Congressman calling for Manning's execution:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/03/congressman-calls-execution-wikileaks-whistleblower/

Fox news is very right ring, so it is expected that Fox would give publicity to this viewpoint.
Tshack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so scary, Jeff. So much for their much vaunted freedom of speech... until somebody says something (the truth) they don't agree with.

And Boehner just killed the climate committee, saying it was an unnecessary waste of guv'mint bucks. Anyway, they know only God can destroy the earth, so who cares about a little global warming? sez the guy who may lead the House policy on the environment: http://tinyurl.com/2btf9gr

I'm afraid this new batch of Repub/tea partiers coming in in January is the worst yet, such hypocritical, hateful theocorporate lackeys they make this old leftist shiver.