$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Bundles in Glasgow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chocabloc

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Bundles in Glasgow Reply with quote

Anyone know why the Bundles gig in Glasgow on Sunday has been cancelled? Tres gutted.
jack fe

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimya decided not to risk the danger of getting stuck in europe due to ash clouds. Very very gutted. Hopefully there will be some Jeff Lewis band shows instead, seeing as Jeff, Jack and probably still Anders will be in the country.
chocabloc

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE ICELAND! Oh well, hopefully someone will post something if an impromptu solo show pops up.
Bob

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got tickets for Manchester on Monday night. Would this one be doubt too?

And if Jeff is still available couldn't a show go ahead anyway?
jack fe

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm hoping, but I guess the Glasgow promotors didn't want to do that.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Bundles UK tour Reply with quote

Sorry for not posting new info on my website about all this, things have been hectic and last-minute! And subject to change at any time!
SO the situation is that Kimya's fear of flying was such that the weird situation with the volcano really scared her off of flying over for this tour - unfortunately that was a last-minute decision and meanwhile Jack and Anders and I have successfully arrived in the UK with a whole Bundles tour that we've been planning for months. It's been a strange choice we're faced with - either cancel the tour and disappoint everybody completely (including ourselves!) or go forward and just do the best Bundles show we can do, even without Kimya, though that sounds a bit crazy and might even be doing fans a disservice by charging money for a "Bundles" show that is lacking a big part of what they would want to see.
Ultimately it's been taken somewhat out of our hands - the Bundles shows in Glasgow and Bristol and Brighton have all been canceled because of this no-Kimya situation, even though the promoter loses all the money put into hiring the venues, advertising, etc. The other three Bundles shows, Leeds/Manchester/London are already sold out in advance (or nearly) - so the promoters have decided to OFFER people a full ticket refund but Jack/ANders and myself are ready willing and able to play a full Bundles show for anybody who would still want to come see the Bundles even without Kimya. I actually think our new 3-piece arrangements of the songs sound really good, and the Bundles show tonight in Leeds was not at all the disaster we feared it might be. THUS... the Bundles are a trio for the time being, and we continue to hold out hope that Kimya might change her mind and join us at any point. We're sorry to all the ticket buyers and fans and promoters and other people inconvenienced by this situation. I've also been able to add a couple additional little shows last-minute, like a house party in Manchester and a free pub show in Ipswich on Tuesday. The Bundles carry on! I've been on a lot of strange tours, but this is one of the strangest...
Jeff
fabalbert

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know Jeff. Sounds like it's been a super stressful time. I guess we'll catch you in Brighton. Was really looking forward to opening for you guys in Brighton.

Although I have an exam the next day at 10am (in London) so maybe this means I can actually potentially pass it.
Bob

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info - will still be a great show!

By the way, the Deaf Institute is a pretty good venue, quite compact and with good acoustics, much better than the university rooms across the road.

Looking forward to Manchester again.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bundles UK update -

Sunday - Bundles play house show in Manchester area (Glasgow is canceled)

Monday - Bundles play Manchester Deaf Institute without Kimya (ticket refund available)

Tuesday - Bundles play The Swan in Ipswich (Bristol is canceled)

Wednesday - Bundles play Union Chapel in London, with Misty's Big Adventure, without Kimya (ticket refund available)

Thursday - Brighton Komedia show is canceled, BUT Bundles MIGHT play a show in Brighton at small venue tba. We're working on it. Any suggestions?

Friday - Bundles are hoping to still play Paris as planned, more news soon.
moe

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will you still play primavera in barcelona?

http://moreeats.bandcamp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jefflewis

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEWEST UPDATE -

Thurs - Bundles WILL play BRIGHTON KOMEDIA, as planned, but for a reduced ticket price of 8 pounds! (still no appearance from Kimya)

Primavera/Barcelona - I THINK the Bundles will be able to play on Saturday whether or not Kimya is able to appear... the Jeff Lewis & Junkyard set on Sunday will be unaffected either way.

ALSO - recently confirmed:
Monday May 31, Jeffrey Lewis & The Junkyard play AFTERNOON show at the Brixton Windmill, London

Tuesday June 1 - Show & Tell UK present "Jeffrey Lewis in Conversation" event in London, expensive tix and limited seating, more info at the Upcoming Shows page of www.TheJeffreyLewisSIte.com
moe

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see you in spain!

http://moreeats.bandcamp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger