Jeff Lewis Forum Index
$1.75 US
$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

If you're ever in my town you have to check out.......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will Oldham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: If you're ever in my town you have to check out....... Reply with quote

What is your favorite local venue/ where do you hang out and listen to good music? lets make a list of places that anyone visiting your city / town / village with some time to spare should definately check out, state the location and why you love it!

www.myspace.com/will_oldham_horror
moe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u ever visit liechtenstein come to my bar Very Happy

http://moreeats.bandcamp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kieron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edinburgh! forest cafe is great. it's vegan, volunteer run. there's always stuff happening, and it's where i played my only gigs. scruffy and lived in, with murals by local artists everywhere. and also a huge church hall upstairs where they have bigger gigs (major matt mason played there, as did viking moses and little wings).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AFB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at a loss...

Bristol - you'll find the kinda music at the Cube. But I don't go there, I feel unwelcome, which I'm sure isn't their intention, but it's how I and a lot of different people who have tried out that place feel. Still.. it's also a cheap cinema so I go there for that still Very Happy

Other than that - The Croft can be a great little venue. It's not very homely, but drinks can be affordable and you do get the odd gem of a band going thru.
Kieron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to love bristol, ten years ago they still had the free ashton court festival. i used to really like going to cosy's wine bar - is that still open? no live music or owt, but what used to be a very liberal take on smoking the naughty stuff...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AFB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think you can still find that - I was in some weird place the other night in Clifton and they seemed very relaxed about that kinda thing in there. Cosy's is still around as far as I know - not somewhere I really go tho!

Ashton Court! What a concept! Even when it was paid for it was still good, shame it didn't last. I always wanted to play there but never got a chance Sad